M. Sc. Jumana Ma'touq
I am a Biomedical Engineer and currently pursuing my PhD in Leibniz Universität Hannover. I recieved my BSc in Biomedical Engineering from Jordan University of Science and Technology and ranked as the best second student among Biomedical Engineering graduates. In 2012 I got my MSc in Medical Enginering with distinction from University of Leeds in the UK. Before starting my PhD, I was a lecturer in the Department of Biomedical Engineering in the German-Jordanian University.
- Human motion analysis
- Assistive devices and technologies
- Upper limb neuromechanics
- Upper limb modeling
- Ma'touq J., Al-Nabulsi J., Al-Kazwini A., Baniyassien A., Al-Haj Issa G., and Mohammad H. (2014). Eye Blinking-Based Method for Detecting Driver Drowsiness. J Med Eng Technol, 38(8),pp. 416–419.
- Alfataftah M., Okal M., Ma’touq J., Abu-Khalaf J. (2014). Muscle Controlled Bionic Hand (3D Printed Bionic Hand), The 9th Scientific Day of Biomedical Engineering, Jordanian Engineers Association, Amman, Jordan.
- Ma’touq J., Messenger N., Strauss D., Tayebjee M. and Stewart T. (2014). Spinal angle and foot pressure during cardiac electrophysiological procedures, International Journal of Cardiology,172( 3) , pp. 398-400.
- J. Ma’touq, D. N. Straus, N. Messenger, M. H. Tayebjee, T. D. Stewart. (2012). The Biomechanical Effects of Prolonged Lead Apron Exposure (Poster). Presented in Mechanical Engineering School Post Graduate Research Day, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK.
- Fraiwan, L., Al-Bataineh, O., Matouq, J., Haddad, S. and Bani-Amer, M. (2009). ECG-based Wireless Home Infant Apnoea Monitor, Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 33:4.
- The 8th National Technology Parade Award 2014, Jordan.
The 8th National Technology Parade is an annual parade that aims to motivate the creative and innovative thinking and practical skills of Jordanian universities students especially students of engineering and information technology disciplines. The awarded project was “Investigating the Implementation of Pneumatic Rubber Muscles in Upper Limb Exoskeleton Suit Controlled by Electromyography” with rank one in the health and biomedical technology track.
- The 7th National Technology Parade Award 2014, Jordan.
The awarded project was “Robotic Gripper Arm Based on Voice Recognition” with rank one in the health and biomedical technology track.
- The Hisham Hijjawi Award 2010, Jordan
The Hisham Hijjawi award is an annual award that aims to enhance technology transfer and development in Jordan and Palestine. This award has been offered to us as scientists and specialists in recognition of our achievements in Applied Scientific Research. The awarded project is “Designing of ECG-based Wireless Home Infant Apnoea Monitor”.