The main focus of our application-oriented research is in the field of biomedical engineering and systems medicine, but we also work in different areas such as robotics and power systems. In particular, this includes the application of methods from systems and control theory in the following contexts:
- Modelling, analysis, and control of the human hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis
- Human motor control and rehabilitation engineering
- Robotics: Teleoperation, Teleprogramming, Motion Planning
- L. G. Wiedemann, V. R. Jayaneththi, J. Kimpton, A. Chan, Matthias A. Müller, A. Hogan, E. Lim, N. C. Wilson, A. J. McDaid: Neuromuscular characterisation in Cerebral Palsy using hybrid Hill-type models on isometric contractions. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2018.
- J. Berberich, J. W. Dietrich, R. Hoermann and M. A. Müller: Mathematical Modeling of the Pituitary–Thyroid Feedback Loop: Role of a TSH-T3-Shunt and Sensitivity Analysis. Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 9, Article 91, 2018.
- J. Köhler, M. A. Müller, N. Li, and F. Allgöwer: Real Time Economic Dispatch for power networks: A Distributed Economic Model Predictive Control Approach. In Proc. of the 56th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Melbourne, Australia, 2017, pp. 6340-6345.
- Haddadin, Sami; Johannsmeier, Lars; Schmid, Johannes; Ende, Tobias; Parusel, Sven; Haddadin, Simon; Schappler, Moritz; Lilge, Torsten & Becker, Marvin: Roboterfabrik: A Pilot to Link and Unify German Robotics Education to Match Industrial and Societal Demands, Robotics in Education - Results of the 9th International Conference on Robotics in Education (Rie 2018), pp. 3-17, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-97085-1_1
- Mansfeld, Nico; Hamad, Mazin; Becker, Marvin; Gonzales Marin, Antonio & Haddadin, Sami (2018): Safety Map: A Unified Representation for Biomechanics Impact Data and Robot Instantaneous Dynamic Properties, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 3, no. 3, pages 1880-1887 weitere Informationen, DOI: 10.1109/LRA.2018.2801477